What Is Network Marketing?
Its Essential Nature
To me, network marketing is a strategy in which:
- You get paid for sales you make.
- You also get paid for the sales of salespeople you recruit.
It really is that simple. Making it more complicated does not change its nature.
The Bad News
- Most of you won’t make any money.
- Statistics say less than 3% will get into the money ring.
- Your family and friends will most likely not be supportive.
The Good News
- In my opinion, you can be successful by choosing to work harder.
- Don’t worry about the 97% who fail. Focus on the 100% of you that is going to win.
- You don’t need your family and friends to succeed. If fact, I am telling you not to call on them.
- If you have been working hard and have little to show for it, don’t worry. It is almost certainly not your fault.
Many Advantages to Networking
For some, a vacation involves deciding where to go, what to do, when to do it, who to do it with, how to pay for it all and when do you have to leave it all to come back to the job you are so keen to get away from for a week, maybe two.
I don’t know about you, but the previous paragraph looks more like a business plan with a to do list than a vacation. For me, a vacation involves sleeping until 10AM or later and maximum pajama time.
Which brings us to the advantages of networking and affiliate marketing in particular and online marketing in general.
- Who you work with is up to you.
- When you work is up to you.
- What product or service line you represent is up to you.
- Why you are building a business is up to you.
- How do you get to where you want to go? Keep reading.
Who You Work With
Unlike family and those you work with on the job, you get to pick who you work with in your business. This means you get to work with like minded folks who want the same things out of life you want.
When you attend functions and training you are not at work with your ‘associates.’
You are hanging out with friends.
You are strengthening that friendship and adding more bricks to the foundation of your wealth.
As far as family and co-workers go, leave them for last if at all. Why? You are going to have enough negative energy pointed in your direction without any coming from someone who knows your hot buttons.
Let’s get you to a place where when you to talk to Cousin Financial Genius or Uncle Economic Ph.D. on a GED you are doing so with with a five figure monthly commission check in hand.
When You Work
Your schedule is almost entirely up to you, particularly if you are like me and building your business 100% online.
Preferably, I get up early early and get my work for the day done. Some days I just don’t feel like early early and so I might do a late night with Tim.
You are in the drive seat and you decide.
What Do I Sell?
Whatever you like.
Whatever you are interested in.
I chose the product line I am selling because I can think of no more honest a product line to represent.
I like it. I like having a drawer full of it
My point is, I am a 270lbs. country boy who wears a flat top. I am going to take a controversial stand and say Mary Kay cosmetics would not be a good fit for me.
Sell things you like, use and believe in.
The ‘Why’ of Your Business
What moves you?
What are the reasons for building your business? Only you can answer that but while you are answering that question of yourself, frame it like this:
What are my reasons that will move me to work when I am sick and when my faith seems to have fled?
Answering this now will help you minimize wasted days.
My why? I have a long litany of things on my bucket list. There are many, many things on my list of things I love to do.
No where, not once, is ‘get up before the sun rises to go somewhere to be told what to do all day by someone else’ listed as one of my favorite things in life.
My personal breakthrough moment occurred when I realized I was terrified of going to the mailbox, terrified of what was going to go wrong next.
I knew the stress of that was going to kill me as a young man and I had too much to live for.
How Do You Get To Where You Want To Go? Network Marketing
Years ago I was given to understand there were 4 main ways for an American to become a millionaire. It broke down something like this.
- Microsoft. Being one of the original employees of Microsoft was a golden ticket. Employees buying shares in their company has created something like 3,300 millionaires.
- Network Marketing.The number of millionaires created by network was somewhere north of 1,700 when I saw the list. It would not surprise me to find that our field has surpassed Microsoft by now.
- Pharmaceutical sales. Jokes aside, being a big pharma rep has created a lot of wealthy people.
- Own a dry cleaning business. Yep, not sexy at all but the dry cleaning business, if it suits your temperament, is a solid path to wealth.
Networking is the only business on this list that anyone can choose to pursue. The others have barriers to them such as the ship having passed for Microsoft to the high start up costs of starting a dry cleaning business.
Reasons your choice to pursue network marketing is a good choice:
- Low start up costs.
- You can work part time or in your spare time.
- Network marketing training develops your leadership abilities as few things do.
- Our business model, as networking professionals, is a proven system with a track record of producing millionaires as well as million dollar+ annual incomes.
Franchising and Network Marketing
I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people’s efforts than 100% of my own efforts.
-John D. Rockefeller
Franchising is a known, effective business model that has created a lot of wealthy men and women.
You create a successful business model with proven profits.
Then, for a percentage you show others how to do the same thing. This is essentially what you are doing. You have bought a franchise and are in the business of creating multiple outlets.
P.S. This online system helps me generate leads for my home based business.Click here unless you have too many leads.